View Single Post
Old August 12, 2009, 10:31 PM   #44
dstyle47

"I am entirely 2nd amendment. I will admit though, open carry rubs me in the wrong way. Most people that I've talked to, both in this site and in person, admit that they'd almost exclusively rather conceal carry, and not trouble themselves with open carry. Also, open carry carries less requirements than concealed. So, basically anyone can open carry. And previous to this discussion, I've seen an overwhelming agreement that open carry scares the crap out of people."

-while it is certainly true that open carry does scare a lot of people, i think that is in part, because so few people practice open carry. People that know nothing of firearms and get their only information about firearms from a horribly baised media that demonizes firearms, will have fear when they first see one on a person. They will assume this person is carring to rob or kill as they read and see so much in the news. I feel that for this very reason open carry should be practiced. Open carry should be practiced to combat this incorrect view, if people see that good, polite, upstanding citizens are open carring perhapse they will then have a better view of the firearm community. I feel that this is one reason why this young man did indeed carry. In my view open carry should be done, and "open carriers" are actually ambassadors of the firearm culture to those outside of it, and thus should act in an exemplory manner. Sorry for the ramble

Page generated in 0.02425 seconds with 8 queries