View Single Post
Old March 21, 2009, 10:55 AM   #85
OuTcAsT

Quote:
OuTcAsT, This has been a great thread. Kudo`s to you and everyone for the way its been handled.
Thanks, Shortwave

I am anxious to see how this plays out, but so far it has made for some very good and educational discussion. I think there is room on both sides to learn a bit about this kind of situation, and I suspect you are right. As gun sales soar, and peoples reactions change, the possibility exists that the dynamic of an officer simply going to a door may need to change in order to keep everyone safe.

I can only hope that dynamic does not change for the worse.

Quote:
the respect the public has for LE is sometimes damaged beyond repair.
Sadly, in the city where this incident took place it is at an all-time low. As recently as last month a LT. with the same Dept. was charged with vehicular homicide and evidence tampering for hitting and killing a very young girl while intoxicated, and other officers were charged for looking the other way while he hid the bottle. Most LEOs Are good guys, doing a job I wouldn't want, and just trying to make a difference and a living, I respect that. It's a shme that some of their own make that harder for them to do.

And yes, thanks to all who have participated thus far, it is a great tool.

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -

Last edited by OuTcAsT; March 21, 2009 at 11:28 AM. Reason: more to say

Page generated in 0.04146 seconds with 8 queries