View Single Post
Old April 16, 2009, 07:22 AM   #12
funny book flapjack

Nah-- I know about the whole 2 states residency allowance, but she is already a resident of both Florida & Maine. She worked in both places this year, had property in both places, will pay taxes in both places, will be living in both places again this year, etc. When she comes through GA, she parks her RV at our place a while, then takes off.

I thought of the 2 state ATF reg while she was here before, but with no sort of legit GA proof of residence (she couldn't go to a gun store here & buy a gun), & paper trail as a resident of both Florida & Maine, trying to claim her as a Georgia resident as well as Florida & Maine is getting into an ATF grey area that I really don't wanna mess with.

ATF regs specifically state the number 2 as far as the # residences allowed. I haven't seen anything from them prohibiting more than 2, but I haven't seen anything allowing it either. Since they state 2 in the regs, & her 2 are really Florida & Maine, I'm not gonna chance the ATF excepting a 3rd state as residence.

Besides-- it's irrelevant right now. She's in FL. I'm here in GA. I will be down there soon, but have absolutely no legit justification in claiming FL residency. Sure, I could just hand her the gun when I go, but it's illegal to do so.

That's all I was trying to explain to the Buck's salesman-- that we need it to go through an FFL for her to receive the gun while she's in Florida.

Page generated in 0.03293 seconds with 8 queries