View Single Post
Old April 14, 2009, 03:10 PM   #1
Willie Lowman

How and how often do you?

Train that is.

I have built five silhouette stands out of 2x4s for use with the brown/white cardboard targets. I have a 6 paddle dueling tree and I sometimes rig up some (very)crude moving targets with rope and pulleys. ---I know that none of these "badguys" pose any threat to my well being but... when you figure out how to make cardboard shoot back, let me know.

So I make it a point to fire no less than 100 rounds a month from my Glock. I try to keep it between 300 to 500 but you know how ammo is now.

I do some double tap drills. Some failure to stop and the ever challenging shooting while moving drill. After that I knock the steel plates around for a bit.

Once every two to three months I practice drawing and shooting from ground positions. (always gets some funny looks).

In summer months my friends and I break the Black Rifles out and try our hands at tagging targets between 30 to 100 yards. (100 is the end of the field we use as a range)

I would like to get some practice shooting in dim light but my neighbors wouldn't put up with that kind of thing for long.

Page generated in 0.02869 seconds with 8 queries