View Single Post
Old December 30, 2008, 07:46 PM   #111
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Would you prepare for an earthquake or flood using that philosophy?
Yes. The house where I grew up was 100 feet or more higher than flood stage so we did not have flood insurance. There hasn't been a major earthquake in my area in recorded history, hence, I have not earthquake plan.

Let's say it again. It's not the stakes OR the odds. It's both. Do you get on airplanes? Do you go surfing? Hunting? Ride in a car? All these things are more likely to kill you than not having a reload for your CCW. Odds are if anything kills you, besides natural death, it will be a car accident. We still ride around in cars. If it was "the stakes not the odds" we'd never sit in a car.

Quote:
Doesn't sound like a wise practice since the odds are that the severity of the attack we face will be the same regardless of those odds.
Actually, the odds we're talking about are the odds of an attack severe enough to require a reload, not just any attack. If you happen to be the victim of such an attack the odds are obviously irrelevant but if you are involved in a SD incident the odds are VERY, VERY high that you will not need that reload.

Last edited by Brian Pfleuger; December 31, 2008 at 10:57 AM.

Page generated in 0.02720 seconds with 8 queries