View Single Post
Old March 8, 2008, 06:58 PM   #77
Sweatnbullets

Lurper, I am going to have to say that you have come a very long way since I first started seeing you post. Please let me know when your book is coming out.....I would definitely buy that.

Quote:
They need to have some new high speed low drag tactic to sell.
Not necessarily accurate here. I am pushing the limits of dynamic movement about as far as they have ever been pushed. But I do not see it solely as a marketing strategy (even though I will admit that many students really want to learn it and have a very good time learning it) It is part of the fight continuum......that is simply a fact. It may not be at a percentage rate as high as stand and deliver, but it does have a significant percentage rate. As I have stated this is all dependent on on distance and your position in the reactionary curve. Every point inside of the movement continuum, that is inside of the fight continuum, has it's place. There is a best place for each. If you do not have "stand and deliver, "controlled movement", "dynamic movement" and "Get the heck out of Dodge movement" You do not have all of your bases covered.

I know that you focus on entry level CCW'ers, but that does not mean that that is all there is too it. I have no doubt that stand and deliver is the best place to start. Heck in my two day "dynamic movement focused" course, the first full day is spent on stand and deliver "see what you need to see" shooting.

There does seem to be some major misconceptions on your part IMHO. Movement does not make your first shot slower. You move and draw simultaneously. Combat accurate hits are not difficult at all with dynamic movement, as long as you have the training on how to make it happen.

No training = slower hits and difficult to do.

Quality training = fast and simple to do.

The bottom line is that the situation is the dictating factor. The most important factor inside of that situation is YOU! It is your experience, knowledge, and skill level that dictates the best response for you as an individual for any given situation. No one is in the position to tell anyone what is the best thing to do....except the individual themself.

I teach an inclusive approach that covers as much of the fight continuum as possible. It is an open minded, well rounded and completely versatile approach. The students and I push the envelope and explore the limitations. It is ultimately the students decision on what works best for them in any given circumstance.

"One size does not fit all!" This is the problem with the training of the recent past. "Do it my way or you are doing it wrong." is soon becoming a thing of the past. It is my opinion that the dogmatic training of the recent past is going to fall to the wayside. To only teach and to force fit disjointed techniques into a fluid, ever changing, completely situational confrontation does not cover the most effective and efficient response.

Page generated in 0.03393 seconds with 8 queries