Thread: FNH FNS-40
View Single Post
Old October 31, 2012, 01:34 AM   #1
awestm11

FNH FNS-40

I'll be buying a new pistol in the spring and I've had my eye on the new FNH pistols. The FNP-45 tactical looks awesome, but its a bit pricey and impractical for my use. So it came down to the FNS vs the FNX. both pistols are chambered in the preferred caliber(40 s&w) and handle similarly; the major differences being that the FNS uses a 1911 style safety while the FNX uses a larger modern, but similar style, and of course, the FNS is striker fired while the FNX is DA/SA. though the FNX was my first choice, the FNS has an edge. it is slightly smaller, making it easier to conceal, though it is a bit big for daily carry. what makes me pick the FNS though is that it is very similar the Coast Guard's issued sidearm, the Sig P229-R DAK, in the firing mechanism and safety. because this will be my service pistol, I am going with the FNS. I think I've just about made up my mind based off of sound reason, but if there is another gun out there that you think I've overlooked, let me know. all in all, i think the FNS-40 is a wonderful gun and I'm glad FNH finally came out with a striker fire pistol. also, i absolutely love the way it looks, i think it's a beautiful firearm!

BTW- I have referred to this forum many times before, but I have only just joined. I'm looking forward to any feedback I get!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fn_fns.jpg (28.0 KB, 28 views)

Page generated in 0.03362 seconds with 9 queries