View Single Post
Old July 13, 2012, 09:59 PM   #45
CWO4USCGRET

With proper training and a good flashlight

a rail on a hand gun is redundant and not really necessary; nor at what I consider normal handgun ranges is a laser - even though I own one flashlight/laser combo and two pairs of laser grips. I am a federal LEO; quarterly we go to the range or training and qualification - at least once a year we practice low light and no light training using our flashlights. The biggest mistake I've observed (based on all the firearms training I've received) is people turning their light on and leaving it on. My training has taught me to momentarily light up the target to acquire it, turn the light off and shoot.

I own at 30+ 1911s in calibers including .22 lr (complete gun and two Colt conversion units), 9mm, .38 Super, .357 Magnum, 10mm, and of course, .45 acp. I also have a few guns that are similar in operation to the 1911. Of all my 1911s only one has a rail (my two Glocks and my work issued H&K USP 2000 have rails) and I didn't buy it for the rail but for the price/value.

The only 1911 I own with a rail is a Sig Sauer GSR 5" 1911. A full-sized pistol the GSR stands for Granite State Rail (New Hampshire being the Granite State and home of Sig Sauer USA). I bought it new about 4-5 years ago for less the the $900 retail price at the time. Despite having an external extractor it is a very good rendition of JMB's design.

Page generated in 0.02396 seconds with 8 queries