View Single Post
Old April 22, 2011, 08:22 AM   #11
SW40F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermonter
...Does the trigger feel or act any worse for you than say a Ruger LCP or a DA revolver? I can shoot both of those reliably. P.S. The trigger on mine doesn't feel bad dry firing at all.
I have a 1st generation SW40F, hence the handle. I also have a S&W 442 Airweight that I bought the same day. Neither is a "finesse" gun, and both have heavy triggers. Both reward practice with acceptable groupings for any self-defense situation. I find that they both work 'best' when I pull the trigger in one continuous, deliberate pull to the rear until the trigger hits its stop, and concentrate on holding the sights on target. That's what I meant by just go ahead and shoot. No slow, deliberate target squeeze here, just pull it.

The feel of the 1911's trigger has been described as having the break of a "glass rod." In that case, the feel of my SW40F (and 442) is like popping industrial-strength Bubble Wrap; long, tough, but consistent each time!

Go play with it, and you too may develop the admiration and respect for this gun that many here will share with you any time.

Page generated in 0.02403 seconds with 8 queries