Thread: Firepower???
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2008, 09:30 PM   #63
jon_in_wv

Do yourselves a favor and go on Youtube and watch the footage of the LA riots or Hurrican Katrina. See how little it takes for societal rules to be thrown by the wayside and otherwise good people, loot, steal, assault, etc.....All it takes is a natural event, a shutdown of water, power, (or in LA is was a court decision) or an outbreak of disease and suddenly the calm and controlled world you live in turns to a lawless chaos where the ability to defend yourself is the ONLY thing saving your butt. I don't walk around with a "ruck" loaded for this event and its not practical too. I have preparations at home but what if I'm at the mall with my wife and the kids are at school? How easy would it be in an outbreak like that to get to my children and then home where we can buckle down to weather the storm or load up the car to flee? I don't know but having a good supply of ammo isn't going to hurt. In a simple self defense scenario, if only a few shots are fired, the extra ammo isn't going to hurt.

Page generated in 0.02595 seconds with 8 queries