View Single Post
Old January 15, 2006, 12:21 AM   #4
tvick66

Hello Kenton,
I am still too new to be welcoming someone to reloading but there is plenty of help here so it's great to have a new member of the freshman class. The first thing that all new reloaders are told is to have more than one reloading manual. Most people agree that the ABC's that you already have is a great addition, but I also got three more with the actual reload data charts that are essential. I got Lyman's Reloading Handbook 48th edition, Lee's Modern Reloading 2nd edition, and a couple of caliber specific charts. Many others also use Speer and Hornady as well. All of them will tell you which primers to use and what length overall your completed cartridge should be. As for bullet brand, type, and weight, the sky is the limit on opnions but that is the fun of reloading for me, trying to find the combinations that work best in my gun for my shooting requirements. As for your other questions, the Senior Members here will best serve you. Good luck and I hope shooting your first handload will be as rewarding as mine.

Page generated in 0.03007 seconds with 8 queries