View Single Post
Old December 17, 2009, 06:30 AM   #12
BlueTrain

No, they were not related, although the shop at Zero Prince Street was originally in another location a few blocks away. Ten Prince Street was only a few doors away (Zero Prince Street was a free standing building entirely surrounded by a fence) but Interarms/Interarmco was an entirely different company, although Hunter's Haven was a retail customer. Many people naturally assumed they were connected but as far as I know from talking to the owner, they weren't. I remember the old owner of Hunter's Haven walking from one place to the other carrying a gun.

I also remember and still have magazines from the late 1950s with such advertisements.

For those of you who never visited the place, it was really different. It was the upstairs floor of an old, totally unimproved building that had at one time been a restaurant and technically in Maryland. They always had a lot of old guns for sale, sometimes a fair number of surplus rifles. They also usually had a lot of ammunition, including surplus, on hand. I believe I saw more interesting guns there, for sale, too, than anywhere outside of a gun show. The usually had an unusually large selection of used guns, plus plenty of new ones, too. They had a lot for such a shabby place.
Buy War Bonds.

Page generated in 0.03219 seconds with 8 queries