View Single Post
Old August 29, 1999, 12:10 AM   #1
SB

I would like to entertain the worst-case scenario for home invasion. Let's say the Home Invasion Team (HIT for short) is a four-man crew armed with AK-47s, back-up pistols and KA-BAR knives. The HIT will attempt to enter your household with the intention of rape, pillage, and murder. For this scenario, you don't know when they will hit, but you do have all the time you need to prepare.

Note: While the HIT is capable of SWAT-like tactics, the HIT is not SWAT. For the given scenario, they will not have explosive devices such as flashbangs (or grenades). They will not have ballistic helmets, vests, or shields. They won't have use of armor vehicles or helicopters either. Snipers are left out as well.

I know it's a very broad question. Here are some variables to consider but feel free to add your own: (Incidentally, a "defender" is someone who is able to fight back while a "principle" isn't.)

I. Number and make-up of occupants.

1. 1 defender.
2. 1 defender and 1 principle.
3. 2 defenders and 1 principle.
4. 2 defenders and 2 principles.

II. Time of day.

1. Broad daylight.
2. Night time with power available.
3. Night time without power.

III. Dwelling.

1. A rural ranch.
2. A suburban house.
3. A condo or apartment.

IV. Fortification.

1. Doors.
2. Windows.
3. Hallways.
4. Bedrooms.

V. Locations for encounter

1. Frontyard/backyard.
2. Hallway.
3. Bedrooms.

VI. Weapons and accessories

1. On your person.
2. Within accessible reach.

How would you prepare? What would you use? What is your plan of defense? What would you do?

Due to the sensitive nature of the topic, I am willing to converse over e-mail if you prefer.

[This message has been edited by SB (edited August 29, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by SB (edited August 29, 1999).]

Page generated in 0.02428 seconds with 8 queries