View Single Post
Old November 6, 2013, 04:28 PM   #18
FLChinook

Quote:
I've checked a bunch of variables for reticule movement zooming power back and fourth. All price ranges of scopes had some. A couple of expensive ones were the worst.
This is very disturbing news It almost negates the value in buying a variable power scope.

Do you know if there's a source for detailed numbers on this?

Are you willing to share some of the brands/models that you have experience in showing this affect?

As I said in my first post, I am using two main scopes now, a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x50 and a Swarovski 3-12x50. The Zeiss I have limited personal data for. The Swarovski is on my .300 Win Mag and I don't generally shoot 100's of rounds through this gun. I'm going to email Swarovski and ask them what their position on this is.

The only other scope I can "bring immediately into play" is an old Leupold M8 3x (made in USA). I had this scope on a beat-up .338 Win Mag and someone offered me more than the gun was worth because he just wanted the scope. I told him I wanted to keep the scope and he lost all interest in the gun... :roll eyes: The trouble with this scope is my old eyes can barely make it work to 100 yards. But I bet if I could get by with the low power, it would be the ultimate in POA reliability...

Thanks

Page generated in 0.03453 seconds with 8 queries