View Single Post
Old April 2, 2006, 08:59 AM   #20
MrApathy

been loading up some of the New Unique have never tried the old stuff.

fired off 5.6gr behind 180gr Rose FMJ in 40sw. the smell was not pleasent. it metered nearly as good as PowerPistol but I would occasionally get -.1 light throw. fired 50 rounds and it the gun was not all that dirty afterwards. I also fired off 50 9mm loaded with 5.5gr unique behind 124gr Remington 124gr FMJ.
the accuracy was nice in both and neither gun was horrible dirty. PowerPistol is only slightly cleaner though I have fired some light loads of Pp that left my gun dirtier than what Unique did. good full load of Pp is hard to beat for clean usually can clean barrel with a dry patch 1-2 runs.

fired off couple rounds of 9mm with 5.8gr of Unique with 124gr Bullet 1.125" OAL IIRC no stain left in the casings the exterior of the brass had no blowby exhaust and barrel was left nice and clean.

just load some 40 universal loads yesterday it was a pita. never measured consistentyly for me it was never right on for measurement always off consistently -.1 or +.1 sometimes throwing +.2 no matter how much adjustment I made with 5.4gr and 5.8 gr loads the 5.8gr being max in 40sw for 180gr

havent gotten to shot off Universal yet to see how clean it is. I remember being told Universal can give pressure spike but wonder if the issue wasnt really odd density and throwing a + charge which could easily jump fps and pressure.

find it harder to load double charge of Unique than Universal. if I had to decide right now I would ditch Universal but I havent shot it yet. hope it starts measuring better or it will be gone from my loading table.
A repeat of history, That's how it goes

Page generated in 0.03598 seconds with 8 queries