View Single Post
Old April 27, 2012, 09:30 AM   #21
WVsig

Quote:
I think 3" groups (as in, keeping all of one's shots within a 3" circle) at 25 yards is a good bit more than "reasonable," if we're talking about one-handed, unsupported. The standard NRA slow fire bullseye target (B-16) 9-ring is only a little bit larger than that, so someone shooting at that level would likely be scoring 95 or better in Slow fire (and, typically, a good bit higher than that in the Timed and Rapid fire stages), which is Master bordering on High Master territory. I've shot in two bullseye leagues for years and have only known two current Masters, and two individuals who I assume were High Masters at one time (Don Hamilton and Babe Magnin). My hat is off to anyone here who can honestly shoot that well, especially with open sights. (Maybe I need to find a higher level of competition?).
I agree 100% with this statement. If you are consistently shooting 3" groups at 25 yards no flyers you are better shooting better than 98% to 99% of handgun owners.

That is not "good shooting" that is "great shooting"......

Page generated in 0.02642 seconds with 8 queries