View Single Post
Old June 13, 2009, 10:49 PM   #12
Rich Miranda

Quote:
As far as a taser detonating a round in your weapon... if you are in a situation where someone is pointing a taser at you and your weapon is still in your holster, then you haven't been spending enough time practicing! A weapon in your holster does not do any good if you can't draw faster than the other person.

That's the great thing about these forums... I don't have to worry about missing my soap operas! The scenarios some of you guys come up with are far more entertaining!
Scott, I'll mention the obvious first: this IS the Tactics and Training forum. Given that a taser could be used against you in a criminal act, I think the question is perfectly valid. Making fun of the OP's question is unnecessary.

Next, it is very possible, even likely, that someone could tase you before you have time to react. While criminals are indeed idiots, they generally know that they'll have to take you by surprise. And before you claim that no one could ever take you by surprise, I'll just say that yes, even you can be taken by surprise. You can be more alert or less alert, but no one is so alert that it's impossible.

Page generated in 0.02078 seconds with 8 queries