View Single Post
Old November 26, 2012, 09:41 PM   #7
603Country

Dutchman, if you are just hunting, you don't need the fancy turrets. If you get some version of the Bullet Drop Compensation lines or dots, that's all you need. And...you don't really need that. If you have a rifle caliber that shoots a decent BC bullet at around 3000 fps at the muzzle, just sight it in about 1.5 inches high at 100 yards and then it's 7 inches down at 300 and 20 inches down at 400. Easy to remember. But, if you want lines or dots, the Leupold Boone & Crockett BDC lines are my favorite, but the Burris dots are good, as are the Zeiss BDC lines. What I'm less fond of are the round circles that Nikon uses. Maybe I could get used to it, but I'd prefer what other scopes use.

There are a lot of good scopes out there. You'll just have to pick one based on your own preferences. If you go with Zeiss, forget that 3x9 and get the 4.5x14. You'll be much happier at the range when you're shooting paper and spotting your bullet holes. Trust me on that. The 3x9 will do, but the 4.5x14 will do better (or a 4x16).

Page generated in 0.02198 seconds with 8 queries