Thread: sheetrock tests
View Single Post
Old December 12, 1999, 04:15 PM   #2
Big Bunny

Clogbert, I'd go for soft shot quail-type skeet traploads with BR#7s myself. It penetrates less and has less pain on the inevitable richochet on hitting a wood or steel stud! [Also you can get your brief at the court-case to say "But,your Honor, my client ONLY used target loads when he COULD have used his 3.5" magnum copperclad US#4s!"]

At your very close ranges (EG for H/D purposes - as you have so commendably tested) it matters not what size you use, the shot-stream is almost a single projectile, and in some cases may have not even left the wad !

Even BR size 10s would be nasty.

Terrible tweezers job for the poor Doc to get 800(?) tiny shot out of the crim though, but on second thoughts... at that range it wouldn't be neccessary on a DOA case at your nearest emmergency hospital....

[Reminds me of the British Home Guard advice reportedly given to a relation of mine early in UK in the stressful year of 1940. He was told in a WD pamphlet to "extend his range" for unwelcome german parachutist gentlemen tourists at night from horse-back was to "molten-pour candle wax into his 12Ga 2" BR#6 birdshot cartridges and let set!!"
The effect on firing in his light SxS would probably have burst the barrel, but then thems were desperate days for a disarmed citizenry expecting an immanent invasion from only 30 miles away.]

------------------
***Big Bunny***

Page generated in 0.03612 seconds with 8 queries