View Single Post
Old January 23, 2009, 01:30 PM   #50
Rocked

Quote:
If you can and want to live in a gated community that might help. Otherwise, the question is "where?"
Gated communities with a gate watchman are much safer than communities with an iron box and a scan key or pin number. The latter in my opinion only appears to be safe which could actually make the people in it less safe.

I used to have a girlfriend who lived in a unmanned gated community. The gate and driving distance was about half a mile. The easier method was to park in a parking lot next to the community and hop a fence. Then I was about 50 yards from her house. Most of the fence was iron with points on top, but near the dumpster it was all wooden fencing.

I dont know of any crimes ever commited in there, but it wouldnt be too hard.

Theres tons of ways to get into unmanned communities anyway. The easiest is just follow the person in front of you in once they open the gate. The gate has a sensor so it wont close on a car, if youre quick enough slide in behind them. I used to do this alot and no one even questioned me about it.

Plus the automatic gates break alot. I regularly go to about 3 different communities to visit friends and family and the gates are broken Id say 40% of the time. At each one. Not very safe.

Page generated in 0.02145 seconds with 8 queries