View Single Post
Old June 24, 2000, 07:02 AM   #24
DOCSpanky

I will play a little of devils advocate. I think it is really getting too dangerous to ride these days. People's complete lack of total responsibility, be it behind the wheel or in court when slick lawyers get murderers off the handle by changing the focus of the trial (ala O.J.). I wish we could pass a law that all a cop had to do was to see you using a handheld cell phone in a car, and he could confiscate the phone, and write a big fat ticket.
I lost a friend on a bike about a year and a half ago, the 17 year old blond bomber who crossed the center line and hit him head on said this, "I had a call, and I was trying to read the caller ID, I wouldn't want to talk to just anyone!" (I'm not sure, but she was probably smacking gum, and bobbing her head from side to side as well !) Her total punishment was community service, and being forced to take a driver improvement course !

There are just too many people like that now, people historically don't look for bikes. Cell phones make people not look for anything!

I would never try to discourage anyone from the joy and beauty of riding, but, the odds are definantly stacked against you.

------------------
I thought I'd seen it all, until a 22WMR spun a bunny 2 1/4 times in the air!

[This message has been edited by DOCSpanky (edited June 24, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.04372 seconds with 8 queries