View Single Post
Old February 10, 2013, 01:16 PM   #2
F. Guffey

“The literature on the 44 mag, and 357 mag die sets make no mention of being able to also work with 44 sp or 38 sp. They must have not mentioned this for a reason. Will these dies not work with the special rounds? Couldn't you just adjust them down to compensate for the shorter case?”

In the big inning RCBS made 38 special die for the 38 Special sizing, seating/crimping and case expanding, then they made a 357 Magnmum set of dies, THEN! there were reloaders with two sets of dies. reloaders that adjust their dies when reloading had one set of dies, they had the 38 Special, Special dies will load both the 38 Special and the 357 Magnmum by adjusting the crimp die up a distance equal to the difference in length between the two cases, same for the expander die. Once it was discovered only one set of dies would do both, RCBS furnished a spacer equal to the difference in length between the two cases????? for those that lock the lock ring to the die, everyone else that secured the die to the press with the lock ring were not afraid of loosing their adjustment, they adjusted the die every time, then secure the die to the press.

Same O same O for the 44 Special and 44 Remington Mag, they added a washer, something like Skip’s shims, to add a shim the die must be removed, I adjust my die, after adjusting the die I secure the die to the press, there is nothing about me that is afraid of loosing my setting.

Then you can add the 10MM.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.03852 seconds with 8 queries