View Single Post
Old January 18, 2000, 07:14 AM   #17
N.Y.G MP Pvt

I used to moonlight doing overnights @ my buddy's convenience store. Due to space restrictions behind the counter a full length shotgun was not an option. I bought a Speedwell pistol grip(kinda looks like someone sawed down a full stock) for my Maverick 88. I figured at that close range it would be very hard to miss. I loaded it w/ rubber OO(old riot control rounds we had laying around the Provost Marshals's office). At that range(like 15-18') i figured this round would be lethal while yet court defensable("I only meant to stop him""the police use this stuff"etc." Thank god I never had to use it but this was a case where a pistol grip was a must. I don't have a personal pistol permit(I carry a Beretta 92 on base) so I had to make do w/ a shotgun. I kept it loaded and cocked, but only racked it halfway forward(the way I hunt). Well that's my 1 1/2 cents on the subject. I have fired this weapon many times since and the addition of a Butler Creek protector forearm(the kind you slip your hand through ) helped a bunch. Still when things go bump in the night its my Ithica Police special w/ #4 buck that rocks me back to sleep.

Page generated in 0.02035 seconds with 8 queries