View Single Post
Old September 29, 2005, 09:59 PM   #57
DiplomaticBlackHawk

Hey man that can of chlorinated brakleen is giving me flashbacks of my days with Advance Auto Parts.But anyway , I had a hi-point and when it FLEW apart I got dropped off at the house and walked about 35 mins down dixie to MK and they not only gave me a new one , they gave me 4 clips of my choice " anyone with jamming problems try 8or9 in a 10 rounder , Bet it takes care of the problem" I think they just need a little lip work and I bet money that is not a consistant rate spring in the mag.But anyway they gave the whole setup , a bag of mags , and a ride home.Now that is customer service.They guy may have been going that way but he could have said sc### ya buddy.I got the new one whice worked much better .You may think I'm crazy for taking the time but I tore it down , looked at the design , cleaned it/ used some common sense and smoother it out in some areas and then found it's downfall.HP bullets take chunks out of the feed ramp that is make out of aluminum and some layout die showed the ramp could use A LOT OF WORK , but aluminum didn't take that much time at all.Polished it after blending it untill it felt good on the action then god even more bored so I took a rivit and cut the ball off to make a pin that would have a spline and still come out easy.Now it is the best gun I have for all around dogging.It takes hp's , everything else , NEVER jams and is more accurate just because I feel better about the safety of this fire arm" partly the reason for my pin idea , ala last one in face" Now I do not recommed anyone try these modification if you are not VERY knowledgible when it come to gunsmithing .Most of these mods where just for fun and to see if it really helped with the only thing that did was no hp's or the ramp work.Also for one last thing , anyone with the c9 check your feed ramp for the hollow point chunks out of the ramp then take the mag and feel the front rounded edge for a massive burr,ect, and then taper it , then smooth it out , not only will it make the mag feed better " only if you rework the inside and out by where the bullet is pointing twards in the mag" and it will pop in and out without bind.Remember unless you bored and know what you are doing just do the mag trick and use moly coated lead because I think even the fmj's rough up the ramp and lead will feed and shoot better out of it . don't trust me , trust yourself.Good shooting and enjoy that you can spend the time learing everything that you need to be proficent with most any gun " that ton of ammo you can buy now is good too"

Page generated in 0.03255 seconds with 8 queries