View Single Post
Old April 9, 2013, 04:11 PM   #11
lcpiper

Quote:
Quote:
"a trusted agent" of the federal government.
Yeah... about that.

It just means it's a Defense Contractor like Boeing or General Dynamics. Trusted usually means their employees have US Government Security Clearances.

Drones are just another tool. Yes they can be misused just like anything else but there is more drone development going on then a lot of folks realize. Every Service has their own Drones so every service has their own training facilities and maintenance facilities. That also means every Contractor that wins a Contract to build a drone is busy flying them and so are all the Companies who were loosing competitors are flying them. You have other companies specializing in just the software but in the end they have to load it up and test it in the real thing as well. Then you have the non-military non-intelligence gathering types, the "safe" ones.

All this development adds up to a whole bunch of funny flying toys in the air in many locations. And really with the way cops have to use helicopters to chase down car jackers I am not sure I don't like the drone idea better, specially the small ones they can hand launch on site if the perps bail and start running through back yards and alleys.

Remember those drones are being flown by someone, it takes a team of controllers for the larger ones, then the sensor operators. No one is just going to fly them around for the heck of it "trolling for suspects". They will want a solid target first.

lol, I just started really reading this, see it's all there. Fort Sill, OK is the Army's Field Artillery Training Center. It is a TRADOC Post, (Training and Doctrine Command).

Last edited by lcpiper; April 9, 2013 at 04:25 PM.

Page generated in 0.02489 seconds with 8 queries