View Single Post
Old May 28, 2012, 10:30 PM   #6
Josh17

Thanks for the replies The S&W 329 Night Guard looks really nice... But...

I forgot to mention this... I already own both these two revolvers (Bulldog and the S&W .38+P). I was actually planning on selling one of the revolvers, and then keeping the other. Then, with the extra money I get from selling the revolver I would buy a new/different revolver.

Problem is I'm having the hardest time deciding which to keep. The Bulldog Pug would NEVER be used as a range gun, rather just fired "every once in a while" to ensure proper functioning. I would use it either as a Carry, or at home-self defense weapon. So constant firing and use of the Bulldog Pug vs the S&W J frame .38 special is not an issue.

Between the two guns, I'm more considered what is more reliable? Of the two brands/models, which one needs the least overall maintenance if left sitting as a "at home self-defense gun" or a "storage self-defense gun" or whatever you wanna call it. My best guess is the S&W, since it's known for reliability. But I have no idea. I've heard people swear by Charter Arms Bull-dog pug in terms of reliability.

Also, the kick on a J-frame S&W .38 is pretty darn harsh. I have yet to fire the .44 special so I'm not sure if it has less recoil or more recoil.

Last edited by Josh17; May 28, 2012 at 10:46 PM.

Page generated in 0.02762 seconds with 8 queries