View Single Post
Old May 25, 2013, 05:07 AM   #31
manta49

Quote:
I have know a few people from parts Europe and many said it was very expensive with a lot of legal applications. People have told me that in England to even get a 22lr was a huge hassle and a good amount of money and the rifle had to be kept in a locker at a club
Any calibre rifle can be got in the UK up to 50 call for hunting and target shooting. You do have to have a firearms certificate in the part of the UK I live in if you are in a club you can get handguns I have three. All firearms have to be kept at the ( owners address not a club ).

Home office guide. The safekeeping condition attached to firearms or
shotgun certificates requires that the guns and
section 1 ammunition must be stored securely to
prevent, so far as is reasonably practicable,
unauthorised people taking or using them. Any
other person who does not hold a firearm or
shotgun certificate is included in the term
‘unauthorised’.
Security. Level 1
This will be applicable in most cases and can be
met by using a suitable gun cabinet. Where one
firearm only is held, a gun clamp may suffice. Other
considerations would be a low crime rate area and
whether the property has outer doors and windows
fitted with suitable locking devices.

Quote:
It is expensive for Germans to apply for the shooting license and as with many activities there, study the classroom theory over several sessions, followed by practical training, and must keep proficient, storing the carefully documented quantity of ammo and guns in the club
There is no training required for owning any firearm in the UK. There is a restriction on the amount of ammo you can have at any one time its 1000 rds for each firearm in the UK. This amount can be increased if required. Again all firearms and ammo must be kept at the firearms owners home (address not a club).

Last edited by manta49; May 25, 2013 at 05:12 AM.

Page generated in 0.03136 seconds with 8 queries