View Single Post
Old April 29, 2013, 09:39 AM   #1
spacecoast

Started my .25 ACP reloading adventure...

I have accumulated 150-200 pieces of .25ACP brass, mostly Fiocchi shot from my 1908 Colt Hammerless pocket pistol, but also some that I've found here and there at the range. I'll add a pic soon, but these are really small pieces of brass only slightly fatter than .22LR. The headstamps are tiny because the primer occupies almost the entire bottom of the case.

I've only gotten through depriming so far (hand press as usual) and found 3 Berdan primed cases (all three S&B). I also ran into two Fiocchi cases where the primers were so high they prevented the case from fitting into the shell holder. I had to tap them in gently with a hammer and screwdriver. Once the primers were out they were fine to come back out of the shell holder.

I'll be reloading these with Magtech 50 gr. FMC bullets. If anyone has a favorite recipe using Bullseye, Titegroup, Unique or AA#2, please let me know. I have a .17CC dipper (came with the Lee set) but can make a custom one from a .22LR case if necessary. I'm a little concerned that Unique would be very difficult to dip in such a small dipper with any consistency, AA#2 is my finest-grained powder so I'd rather go with that if possible.

Page generated in 0.03600 seconds with 8 queries