View Single Post
Old January 9, 2014, 10:16 AM   #8
Wyoredman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Eatman
Driving? If so, I guess you'll run I-25. I suggest cutting east, not far south of Santa Fe, and come down through Roswell/Carlsbad to Pecos. Then to Ft. Stockton and Alpine. Saves a hundred or so miles.

The overall quickest is to get off I-25 at Las Vegas, NM, and then on down to Roswell, but it's a bit tricky to find the turns. I've done it regularly on runs up to Colorado.
Thanks, Art. We are driving. The heads up on the route is appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Stony
I hope you get some big horns to hang on the wall as you'll probably not want to try eating one.....The feral hogs have been moving into that area big time over the past couple of years too but I don't know why.
I am curious how they taste. A friend of mine who makes cabinets in Salt Lake, UT hunted them a few years back and said they were pretty tasty! I'll see for myself, soon enough. A fun part of hunting a new species!

I am taking my Winchester Model 70 .270 WSM topped with a 3x9 Leupold for the Aoudad, and my Springfield M1A for hogs! It is good news to hear that the hog population is large! Never been part of any Hog Homicide, looking forward to it!

Page generated in 0.03444 seconds with 8 queries