View Single Post
Old June 29, 2011, 07:29 AM   #344
L_Killkenny

Quote:
Either way, I've had a couple of the single sixes in .32 H&R, and liked them at the time. The only thing negative I could find about them is the same "problem" with the .30 carbine.... they are LOUD!
I can't even begin to imagine where calling the .32 H&R loud comes from. Not in the realm of centerfire pistols at least. My 4 5/8" Single Six is no louder than any .38s I've shot and compared to a stout .357 load it's nothing. And that's with my fairly stiff handloads. Heck, I don't find it much if any louder than a .22 in comparable barrel lengths. I'm sure the .327 has a good crack to it but the .32 H&R? Please...........

Not to diminish your bobcat kill for that's a great shot and I can only dream of getting one someday with mine but............ I don't know of a .32 bullet made that won't DRT a bobcat (or coyote and more than likely bigger cats) in it's tracks with a fair shot or better to the chest. That includes hardcast. Heck, I wouldn't be all that afraid to shoot a small deer with the .32 H&R within MY limits. Not sure killin a bobcat is a good test for center handgun bullets.

Last edited by L_Killkenny; June 29, 2011 at 07:36 AM.

Page generated in 0.02332 seconds with 8 queries