View Single Post
Old December 16, 2010, 02:21 PM   #38
Jt1971

Im not saying to have naked public meetings, but at the least, a minimal amount of security. Have an armed uniformed police officer or security guard stand over to the side looking over the room. Take a glance into handbags and anyone wearing loose clothing or a jacket take a look inside. After this incident, I would expect increased security at public meetings nationwide. If I walked into a public meeting after this incident and was asked to submit to a pat down then I would understand as to why. In fact, if there was no security at the meeting then I would be concerned and bewildered.

I know when there are mass layoffs at certain private companies they do hire off-duty police officers or armed security guards to hang around the property for a few weeks until things settle down. If the school board just had a big layoff, then they should have implemented some type of security. The police department should have done something to assist with the meeting.

As for the rush, I believe there are some active shooters who have every intention on killing as many people as possible. Some active shooters would have killed all six men or may have not let anyone in the meeting room go and then tried to unload on everybody. A "rush" is a risky maneuver and someone is going to get shot, but I think I would rather take my chances rushing the man then have myself get lined up and shot or shot in place. If I am moving while I am shot, then chances are I will be hit in a place that he is not aiming for.

Page generated in 0.03189 seconds with 8 queries