Thread: I need practice
View Single Post
Old August 2, 2013, 05:39 PM   #1
dstryr

I need practice

You guys have probably seen this or a variation of this hundreds of times but I'm going to tell a short story anyway.

Yesterday I went down to the IWL range with a couple standard 100 yard rifle targets set up at approx 15yds and fired about 8 mags of 10 shots at the five circles on the sheet. Groupings were about 3" with a few 6-10" flyers, not bad for taking about 4 months off I thought.

Then I found a silhouette target that had only a couple of holes in it so put it up and moved it to about 7 yards, loaded 2 mags with 10 rounds each and shot in groups of 5, 3 torso, 2 head, very rapid fire.

Learned that I need practice and that I better get better in case I need to be. Most shots were left of target, may have grazed an outer body area, but clearly not center mass shots. The 4th set of 5 was a little better, not much.

It is one thing to shoot 2-handed slowly at a target, another thing entirely to rapid fire. May need to look into IDPA or similar to improve and correct the left pull. Perhaps I need to borrow a 9mm or .45 and see if the recoil makes a difference. Either way, I need practice.

Thought I'd share.

FS

http://www.dstryr.com/

Page generated in 0.02563 seconds with 8 queries