View Single Post
Old December 7, 2012, 11:08 AM   #24
Mystro

Sorry for the dole but my pics are disappearing???

I have had both in many sizes. I find the S&W more balanced and the trigger is way better than anything Ruger makes. My Super Redhawk was built like a boat anchor but had issues with light strikes on primers. After talking to a well know gunsmith, he explaned it is a short comming with the Rugger and transfer bar. In the end the Ruger was to unrefined and heavy for what advantages it brought.

I also found the 8 3/8" barrel unfluted on the M29 is nice and by far the easiest long barrel to carry, but my chronograph results didn't give as much speed as I thought it would do compared to a 6" barrel. I was shocked and found the 6" unfluted barrel to be the best overall performing hunting and carrying 44magnum. I have had 3 S&W 29/629 models and 1 Ruger Super Redhawk 7". I came back to the S&W 629-6 6". It is a tack driver with everything I load up and carries like a dream. I also don't find any quality difference between the newer 626 and my old 1981 M29. Fit and finish is outstanding on the new Smith and Wessons 629's.

"Ask not what you can do for your country, but what free entitlements you can bleed from your country"

Page generated in 0.02402 seconds with 8 queries