View Single Post
Old August 10, 2012, 11:38 PM   #8
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Bolding mine.

Wrong.
Why wrong? Very frequently when any media group says something we don't like about firearms or even just because they have in the past, they get called "the liberal media" by default as a derogatory comment, but only because "we" don't like them. Nearly 1000 times here on TFL this has gone on and that does not include all the times where the description was made without the term of "liberal." You may or may now want to fall within the stereotyping I am making on many pro-gun folks stereotyping the media and that is fine, but your statement is a fine example of stereotyping none-the-less. You don't call the media liberal, but you expect them to be liars, LOL. Your stated bias in what you expect which reflects in how you evaluate the source's words.

So when American Handgunner does something egregious like your description of them trying to convince the readership that certain firearms are illegal that are not, you don't classify them with the general media expected liars. You give them a pass of sorts and just say that it is "sad."

Page generated in 0.02289 seconds with 8 queries