View Single Post
Old May 20, 2015, 11:03 AM   #13
mukjp22m

I have the gen 2 PMAG that came with it, and also a stainless steel 30 round blackhawk mag. Both behaved the same.

I did not load a mag and blast through it. In fact, I was testing all different kinds of ammo for accuracy and was only loading about 3 rounds at a time. The bolt never locked open on either magazine at any time, probably with 15-20 opportunities to do so. However, if I pull the charging handle manually on an empty mag, it does hold.

As I think about it, it seems that the jamming or empty chamber issues started to occur once I began loading more rounds into the (brand new) magazines. So, the rounds were being pushed up with more force. However, after the guy at the range cleaned the bolt, then it was working fine in either scenario, except that it continued to never hold open on last shot.

Tomorrow I'm taking it back to the range. If it has the problem again, I'm going to swap out the BCG with a friend's BCG that is known to work. That should help diagnose. Also, i'm going to call Ruger now to see if they know of any issues.

One more thing, I noticed that it is difficult to get the bolt back into the carrier when re-inserting it after cleaning. I have to slap it to get it in. Once in and reassembled, it moves without much effort, but not freely enough where gravity or a flick of the wrist can pull the bolt into the out position. Is this normal?

Page generated in 0.02903 seconds with 8 queries