View Single Post
Old June 12, 2009, 07:19 AM   #40
Bartholomew Roberts

Democrats generally receive a hostile response on gun boards because the Democratic party has played a key role in destroying the Second Amendment rights of Americans. The Democratic party was in control of Congress when the following legislation was passed for example:

1. 1934 National Firearms Act
2. 1968 Gun Control Act
3. 1994 Brady Bill
4. 1994 Lautenberg Act
5. 1994 Assault Weapons Ban

In addition, it was the Democratic leadership in the House who added 922(o) to the 1986 Firearm Owners Protection Act in hopes of killing the entire bill. The last three Democratic Presidential candidates had a long history of pro-gun control votes, with each candidate worse than the one that preceded him.

So when someone says that are against gun control; but in favor of voting for people working to destroy that right, you can guess it will generate a little bit of controversy on a gun board.

Personally, I would love to see the Democratic party get on board with 21st century civil rights and drop their animus towards gun owners. I won't even go in to the subject of how many votes the Democrats lose from their traditional power bases (and in key swing states no less) by playing to a small minority of anti-gun Americans on this issue. Unfortunately, I have not yet seen evidence that this has happened yet.

Page generated in 0.04250 seconds with 8 queries