View Single Post
Old May 22, 2012, 09:00 AM   #8
serf 'rett

While Bullseye is excellent for developing the basics of bullet placement, I don’t think of it as self-defense training. The focus of Bullseye is on accuracy and precision, both necessary fundamentals for any shooting discipline. You stand at a line and focus on hitting the point of aim and producing small groups. A level of proficiency must be obtained in accuracy and precision before self-defense training can began in earnest.

It kinda struck my funny bone to read, “Though it's a game, IDPA..,” Snicker. In my view, Bullseye is a game too (although some of the shooters don’t know this), along with other games like pins, IPSC, Bianchi Cup and others; however I agree that IDPA “would be a nice complement to bullseye.”

I feel IDPA does offer training for self-defense, more so than the other disciplines, because it incorporates tactics, use of cover, reloading, drawing from concealment, movement of the shooter, movement of the target, movement of both and all shot with basically “stock” pistols and revolvers.

If you can’t hit the side of the barn from standing inside the barn, you would do well to start with Bullseye; however, if you can shoot through the knot holes in the barn door, try IDPA.

Page generated in 0.02632 seconds with 8 queries