View Single Post
Old March 24, 2006, 06:50 AM   #3
threegun

Alduro, If a handgun armed attacker confronts you and you nail him with oc pepper can he still fire? Could you see anything between blinks? I agree that pepper can be a great compliment to my pistol but I wouldn't feel as safe carrying it solo.

Here's a great story and the reason I started to carry pepper at work. A customer walks into the pawnshop and asks if I could give him an estimate on how much I could loan him on some rifles. I quoted him a reasonable figure based on the poor condition of the rifles and the fact that they included an sks, British enfield, and old tired Mauser, heck he was lucky to get an offer. He leaves for several minutes then returns demanding an apology for my insulting him with such a pathetic offer. After some back and fourth with him calling me every name in the book, I finally told him that I would amputate my left man-egg before apologizing to him for that pile of junk (I was now angry). I asked him to leave or the police would be called. He continued his barrage of insults to my mother and threats of the butt whipping he was going to give me even while I was on the phone with the police. The 911 operator asked if "that was him" to which I said yes. The operator told me that police had been dispatched and I told the irate customer that the cops are on the way. He said he didn't care. I told him how stupid he was for staying to get arrested and the word stupid seemed to hit him like a brick. He literally shook visible when I said it. I thought to myself (remember I'm mad and being completely stupid for egging him on) stupid got under his skin hummmmmmmmm. Now armed with a verbal sword I swung it and swung it. You dumb piece of dung, you retard, ect.ect.ect. Well that wasn't very bright of me to say the least. He ran to the counter and began to lift the gate that separates us from customers. This guy was big, strong, and pissed and while I can fight, against a man that size loosing is very possible. Given the fact that I am armed and several loaded guns lay through out the shop, a loss could mean death by my own gun. I remember as he lifted the counters top (gate) thinking holly crap I'm gonna have to kill this UNARMED MAN. I didn't have the pepper option available then. I could have sprayed and retreated to avoid shooting him. Anyway putting my hand on my gun and telling him that if he took one step behind this counter he would die today was enough to stop him. He did throw a jolly rancher at me, hit me in the shoulder too (good throw LOL). Finally he left, yes before the cops got there. I did find out that he went to a neighboring pawnshop and after they refused the crappy guns he tried to sell them to a couple of street thugs. They beat him unconscious and stole his rifles. Justice served and lesson learned. Never instigate and have that pepper option available.

Page generated in 0.02798 seconds with 8 queries