View Single Post
Old November 20, 2009, 09:01 AM   #1
fprefect

Firing pin spring Ortgies Werk Erfurt 32 APC

My father acquired this German "Ortgies" pistol in WWII being carried by a German officer and the only problem I encountered with it was that the firing pin did not strike the primer directly in the center causing a misfire about every 5 shots.

I was told in one of forums the problem was either dirt in the mechanism that allowed the firing pin to move when cocked and fired or possibly a weak firing pin spring.

To make a long story short I damaged (bent) the spring when replacing it and need a new or used firing pin spring. Are they still available or have I managed to destroy the pistol by not taking it to gunsmith in the first place? The only responses I have gotten from a couple of local gunsmiths is the "well maybe I could locate" one somewhere, blah, blah, blah, but I suppose I shouldn't be critical and I was the one who damaged the pistol to begin with. Any ideas as to where I might find one?

F. Prefect

Page generated in 0.02555 seconds with 8 queries