View Single Post
Old May 25, 2009, 12:49 PM   #63
Wildalaska

Quote:
One key fact to me that I haven't seen commented on was whether the BG while getting up still had his gun in his hand. If he did then all the training I had seen says keep shooting. Seems like if he is getting up with a weapon in his hand that he has already used against the pharmacist that would be grounds to keep on shooting?
Those are the two key facts IMHO:

1. Was the gun in his hand or in easy reach
2. The angle of the shots

Quote:
Also, you're not just asking questions, you're doing what you always like to do in a thread such as this, you like to stir up things.
If you call forcing my fellow responsible gun owners to think and confront unpleasant questions "stirring", then of course I'm guilty.

Quote:
What is the best tactical response of the pharmacist?
We dont know yet do we. The whole issue involves the capabilites of the dead guy (before he was dead) and the objectively reasonable need to shoot again.

Quote:
Certainly, if the pharmacist had blatantly acted in an unlawful manner, he would have been arrested. If it appeared he acted in an unlawful manner to the officers on scene, he would have been arrested. So thusfar, indications by law enforcement do not indicate he acted unlawfully. That does not mean he necessarily acted in a lawful manner and some the analysis is ongoing, but there is no indication at the current time that the pharmacist is being considered as a suspect in the death of the would-be robber.
Well he hanst been cleared yet, has he. And in a high profile case like this, I am sure it will be a while

And folks in Oklahoma should shut up:

"A man whose wife and adult daughter were in the store at the time of the shooting said the pharmacy owner was robbed about three years ago and had said nothing like that was going to happen again. The man did not want to be named."

Animus? Vigilanteism? To an ambitious DA confronted with the race card? Possible execution?

First Lesson when you shoot someone: DONT TALK TO THE PRESS! AND TELL OTHER FOLKS TO SHUT UP TOO

Quote:
I would bet the DA puts more weight on their laws than those of NY.
You miss the point, but thread drift anyway

WildhopefolkskeepuspostedAlaska TM

Page generated in 0.02656 seconds with 8 queries