View Single Post
Old March 23, 2008, 07:57 PM   #3
RandyStacyE

Leupold scopes appear to be 'the thing to have' when it comes to some serious shooting, but the prices are VERY salty (like anything else of high quality).

I've been shooting with the NcStar Mark III 6-24x50 with my Rock River AR-15. This scope retails for approx $145.00.

At first the NcStar seemed like a pretty good scope, but one day I sighted in one of my fathers DPMS AR-15s which had what I believe to be a small Colt 4x20 scope on it. Anyways I seemed to have just as good if not BETTER performance using it in comparison. I was shooting at exactly 75 yards too! ! !
Little Colt Scope:

My father recently purchased a Ruger 10/22 with a Simons scope and it is DEADLY accurate at well over 100 yards ! ! This Simons scope lacks the high powered zoom and all the sophistication that the high dollar scopes have, but this scope is staying put on this rifle.

My point is … everyone ‘says’ that you only get what you pay for. Whether or not that is 100% true, I HONESTLY don’t know, but I have to say that in these rocky times and the unpredictable nature of the near future … I’d bet on the high dollar scope if you can afford it.

I’m in the same boat at you in a way. I’m hoping a reasonable priced scope exists that would perform in every way like the top dollar scopes.

Page generated in 0.02939 seconds with 8 queries