View Single Post
Old May 8, 2005, 10:39 AM   #8
Shorthair

Try Tradtions.....

Introduced a friend to bird hunting last fall, after the first day out he bought a BPS in 20 gauge. Decided the very next trip that he needed an OU, (after shooting some skeet) so we went to the mecca of mid-Michigan hunting stores (Jay's) and after looking at a bunch of OUs he decided on a Traditions 20 gauge Field 2, made by Fausti. Much nicer gun than any of the Russian imports, better wood to metal fit, nicer wood, better metal finish, etc. 28 inch barrels, engraved receiver with little woodcock inlays, screw-in chokes, recoil pad, etc. Its been completely reliable so far, and much sleeker handling than the (what seems to me) clunky, chunky Russian guns.
He got it for about $580, (it was on sale), and a beautiful gun for the money. The wal-mart site has them retail listed for $760, the factory site shows them MSRP for $850 (Field 1) or $1000 for the Field 2. I've seen them on clearance at wally's for about $500, so you'd best look around a little before purchase.
I guarantee that if you compare the quality between this gun and the Russian/Turkish stuff you'll easily come up with the extra $$, unless $$ is all that matters to you when you go to the skeet or bird field.
Edited to fix cheesed-up link....

Page generated in 0.03141 seconds with 8 queries