View Single Post
Old October 2, 2010, 07:26 PM   #8
10-96

It always stinks when someone takes inadvertant liberties on your paper. That's one of the biggest things I have to overcome personally when it comes to my comfort zone, focus, zen, or whatever it's called. Any outside influence rattles me more than any goof up I pull myself. When I KNOW I've pulled a shot, or slap the trigger, or flub my follow-through then I know it was not only my fault but it's in my control to correct it and learn from it. Maybe I stess my self too hard, but I figure I'm getting a late start at this discipline- I don't see as well as I used to and I'm not as steady as I used to be. So, getting all the stars to line up right, turning all my positive "comfortables" into rituals is extremely important to me. Whatever I can do to eliminate any variables at all, and make each shot exactly like the one before it is nothing but positive progession. One might think that's overly anal and maybe bordering on psychotic- but it's really calming and I guess you'd say therapeudic if you buy into "The Zen Of Shooting" philosophy.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.

Page generated in 0.03625 seconds with 8 queries