View Single Post
Old April 6, 2002, 12:16 AM   #16
nbk2000

If I was a cop and saw a baggie of "white powder" under your car, I'd be asssuming it's yours.

Add in a dead man who could very well be a good samaritan trying to tell you that some punks were trying to break into your car but he scared them off, and I'd asssume (being a cop and all) that you killed him in a drug deal gone wrong.

It'd be on you to prove yourself innocent, and don't think otherwise. Even if you get off, it'll have cost you a LOT!

As for "I'd never be got fumbling...", maybe so, but the lock could jam, key break, battery in keyfob dies, etc. Assume murphy is on your ass that day.

I don't carry or even own a pistol, only a rifle, so that wouldn't be an option for me. I'd ignore him if possible, but since he's closing the distance, if I can't in my car before he shows up, I'm keep it and several others (if any are around) between me and him while manuvering towards others.

If he gets to the car just as I'm getting in, I have a car fire extinguisher by my right knee with the safety pin long lost and can give him a nice snout full of it. It's dropped 300 pound drug crazed rednecks before, I'm sure it'll work again.

Page generated in 0.02584 seconds with 8 queries