View Single Post
Old April 27, 2014, 07:25 PM   #17
jimbob86

Quote:
"houshold tools and 20 minutes watching some teenager on youtube"

Yeah, if you want a gun that doesn't work or is actually an M16, that might work. There's plenty of legitimate instruction for free online out there, with templates, step-by-step, the works. No need to low ball it.

Also, if you do it in 20 minutes with hand tools, it will probably not run. Use a drill press, at least. Please don't use it for milling, though; the side force will loosen the chuck and ruin either the gun or you when it goes flying.

TCB

Drill press?

Of what possible use would a drill press be in assembling the PSA rifle kit I linked to?

It's not so much a "build" as an "assembly".

I put mine together with tools I had laying around- the only halfway "specialty tool" was a 6" T-handled hex key that I used to tighten the bolt holding the pistol grip on- a regualr allen wrench wasn't long enough .... the rest of it was just punches, screwdriver, vise-grip (with electrical tape padding the jaws- for the castle nut on the buffer tube) and a block of pine for a mallet ...... I can't imagine what you'd need a template or having to do any milling for......

The lower kit took 20 minutes ..... even counting the time lost looking for the rear takedown pin detent that I launched over my shoulder .......

Quote:
Yeah, if you want a gun that doesn't work or is actually an M16, that might work.
The rifle works just fine.... I'm pretty sure you could not turn it into a FA weapon without some different parts....

Page generated in 0.03441 seconds with 8 queries