View Single Post
Old September 11, 2012, 10:52 AM   #20
fastbolt

Revolvers now?

I own 9 snub revolvers at the moment (up to 3"). Of the 4 that are chambered in .357 Magnum, I typically only carry Magnum loads in 2 of them, with the rest seeing either +P (if rated for it) or standard pressure loads.

After reliability & accuracy, I look for recoil management & controllability in my lightweight snubs. That's why a couple of them (pair of M&P 340's) see more use with +P loads than Magnum loads.

Many years ago I owned a pair of snub .44 Spl's, but problems with them caused me to get rid of them.

I started carrying a M36 3" off-duty early in my career (only because the 2" models were popular for off-duty, and hard to find in my area back in those days). My Ruger Speed & Security-Six snub's were heavier and bulkier than I sometimes wanted to carry off-duty.

I finished my career once again carrying various S&W snub's off-duty, and now they serve me as retirement CCW weapons more often than not.

Short-barreled, lightweight revolvers are generally harder for many folks to accurately & effectively shoot (compared to larger revolvers), and they often require more training & practice in order to use them as well as larger revolvers (or pistols). The very attributes that make them attractive for lawful concealed carry also make them harder to shoot. Just depends on the experience and skillset of the owner/user.

Page generated in 0.04215 seconds with 8 queries