View Single Post
Old October 26, 2011, 04:41 PM   #4621
FlyFish

Huh, I had no idea that PA had such a law. Here in Massachusetts we have to report gun transactions to .gov, which amounts to a de facto registration, but there's no requirement to register guns that were owned prior to the reporting requirement. I'm a couple of weeks away from a long-anticipated relocation to New Hampshire, where there's none of that BS. Can't come soon enough.

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm really just a guy who happens to own "the book" - i.e., the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson, which is a great reference that you can pick up on Amazon for short money, considering how much information it has. I don't think I can do much more with the photos, but please post them anyway - I'd like to see the gun and I'm sure others would as well.

Before you spend the $50 on a factory letter from Mr. Jinks, which still may not solve the mystery for you, you might try posting over on the S&W Forum, where the real experts hang out. They very well might have some ideas that haven't occurred to me, or perhaps carguychris might stop by with the answer.

Page generated in 0.03450 seconds with 8 queries