View Single Post
Old February 5, 2014, 08:40 PM   #13
Armed_Chicagoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarmel72
I am in Crest Hill, Illinois. We already have a FOID card to participate in ownership in this state. The FOID however is issued by the state police. This seems like a whole new permit customers would have to receive. Which leads me into even more questions since I own a few and do not, nor have I ever, had any permits.
Illinois law preempts local laws for all things handguns. Sounds like the municipal law you are citing is obsolete/invalid/preempted.

(430 ILCS 65/13.1) (from Ch. 38, par. 83-13.1)
Sec. 13.1.

Quote:
Notwithstanding subsection (a) of this Section, the regulation, licensing, possession, and registration of handguns and ammunition for a handgun, and the transportation of any firearm and ammunition by a holder of a valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card issued by the Department of State Police under this Act are exclusive powers and functions of this State. Any ordinance or regulation, or portion of that ordinance or regulation, enacted on or before the effective date of this amendatory Act of the 98th General Assembly that purports to impose regulations or restrictions on a holder of a valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card issued by the Department of State Police under this Act in a manner that is inconsistent with this Act, on the effective date of this amendatory Act of the 98th General Assembly, shall be invalid in its application to a holder of a valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card issued by the Department of State Police under this Act.

Page generated in 0.03850 seconds with 8 queries