Thread: Need a loader
View Single Post
Old August 22, 2011, 06:47 PM   #18
serf 'rett

I would highly recommend reading up on reloading if you haven't already. Sticky notes at top of page, ABCs of Reloading book and at least one other reloading manual - Lyman 49th Edition, Speer, Lee, etc.. This homework should help you to refine your understanding and help you choose the equipment best suited for you.

I don't think Snuffy's being elitist, just trying to protect you and protect us at the range (I don't want to stand beside someone who reloads in a haphazard manner). It’s a pleasure to shoot with other reloaders, those who take their time to make high quality ammo; however, a get-er-done-quickly, progressive machine handle yanker scares the bejeebers out of me.

Nothing wrong with starting out with a progressive press, as long as the reloader understands the process, adjusts everything correctly, checks that adjustments are maintained and carefully monitors the loading. There are a large number of details in reloading and being precise is paramount.

Page generated in 0.03698 seconds with 8 queries