View Single Post
Old July 11, 2011, 09:35 AM   #15
Deputy276

Gehrhard: Red Loctite is made to be permanent. You HAVE to heat it up to break the seal. If you never want to dissassemble the gun, then it would be okay. Otherwise, a big pain in the butt to take it apart

chack:As to gun price, you could spend the rest of your life hunting down a lower price and then I could find another lower price to beat that. So it's kinda silly to tell someone they paid too much. Besides, I am also restricted to ONE small gun dealer in my area. I don't live in a big city with numerous dealers, I live in a small town. My dealer only buys from certain wholesalers and if they don't have what I want (as was the case for the 870P), I have to take what I can get. Online and other sources simply aren't an option. That's why I said you have to know the circumstances and situation. I got the best price I could get on a gun that I wanted. I prefer to shoot the gun, rather than hunt down the lowest possible price. I couldn't care less about resale as I don't plan on selling it. And used is out of the question.

Dave McC: No thanks on the clamp. You really need to check out the Vang Comp extension. It's not flimsy like other extensions. It's made out of bar stock and is very rigid. Look around and you will see many shotguns with extensions and no clamp. And it's a fact that they mar the heck out of the barrel. Now if I could find a clamp like on the old 870 Mark 1 that the Marines used to use, I would use that in a heartbeat.

But all of the current ones I've seen looked flimsier than the extension they were trying to support. I don't mount flashlights and doodads on the end of the barrel so there is no other use for it. And honestly, I don't see myself giving it the kind of abuse that might bend it or screw up the threads. It's a home defense shotgun. I won't be going through any shotgun courses or doing any combat activities that would put any stress on it. Again, this is NOT the flimsy pot metal extension with thin threads that you normally see on shotguns. This thing is built like a tank.

TheKlawMan: I actually removed the sling swivel that was included with the extension. I have a nylon Molle scabbard with a sling/strap on it that I use for transporting it to the range. I had enough tactical combat training when I was with the sheriff's department. I'm 62 years old. Don't think they can teach this old dog any more new tricks

zippy13: LOL...I don't think me looking cool is possible any more

Page generated in 0.02540 seconds with 8 queries